Your Partners for Overall Health & Wellness
Your Allies for Health
Rather than treating just your symptoms, we partner with you and your physician to provide innovative, comprehensive care to address the root cause of your oral health as it relates to overall health.
Exams may include oral cancer screening, sleep apnea and blood pressure screening, bacterial and genetic testing, and review of lifestyle risk factors.
Collaboration is essential to identify all of the risks, underlying causes and solutions to help you achieve better health and wellness!
- Do you take more than one prescription every day?
- Do you have borderline or high cholesterol, high blood sugar or high blood pressure?
- Have you had an abscessed tooth or root canal treatment?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with gum disease or been advised to have a deep cleaning?
- Have you ever been told that you chronically snore or have sleep apnea?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may be at an increased risk for oral systemic links, and your overall health may be at risk.
How Are Your Oral Health & Overall Health Connected?
- Progressive medical and dental practitioners are joining forces to form a multidisciplinary approach to healthcare.
Together we will identify risk factors that impact your overall health, and determine how to lower your risk factors by making dietary, lifestyle and healthcare changes to help you achieve your health goals.
- Your mouth plays a much larger role in your overall health than you may realize. The mouth, and the blood vessels contained in the oral cavity are the gateway to the rest of your body. Oral infections easily circulate through this gateway.
- What do dental infections, coronary heart disease, diabetes, and many other common diseases have in common? In ammation!
A sugar-rich diet not only causes cavities, but is a primary contributor to chronic in ammatory diseases.
- Dental professionals also screen for obstructive sleep apnea, often disguised as snoring. If you or a loved one are losing sleep, let us know - it could be shortening your life.
Oral Systemic Connections
- C-Reactive Protein
The link between the body’s level of in ammation (including periodontal/gum disease) and heart diseases.
- Blood Sugar
Hemoglobin A1c (Hb A1c) is the link between periodontal/gum disease and blood sugar instability and insulin resistance.
- Saliva pH
Highly acidic saliva is directly linked to tooth decay. Increased acidity and a low pH in the body indicate increased risk factors for serious degenerative diseases including cancer, heart disease, arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Periodontal Pathogens
Some bacteria cannot be removed by deep cleanings alone. Certain severe bacteria may require antibiotics to control periodontal disease.
- Genetic Factors
1/3 of the population is positively at risk for a gene that contributes to in ammation and bone loss.
- HPV & Oral Cancer
HPV is one of the risk factors for oral cancer and is now considered a higher risk factor than tobacco or alcohol consumption.
Did You Know?
Periodontal pathogens have a direct pathway through the gums, into the bloodstream, and into your main lifelines—your heart and brain. In fact:
52 Diseases are directly linked to periodontal disease including heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Chemical Sensitivity
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Alopecia Areata
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cardiac Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Diabetes Type 1 and 2
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Inflammatory Bowel
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue
- Lyme Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Pernicious Anemia
- Raynaud’s Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
Proudly Serving the Following Communities:
San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, Danville, Blackhawk, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Castro Valley and Pleasant Hill CA
WITH SAN RAMON PERIODONTIST DENTISTRY COULD BE PAINLESS!
If you are looking for Affordable Dental Implants, Implant Supported Dentures, Teeth Implants In A Day, All on 4 Dental Implants, Single Tooth Implant, Snap On Smile, LANAP Laser Treatment, Bone Grafting, Gingivitis, Bruxism, Gum Grafts, Gum or Periodontal Disease Treatment, Receding gums Treatment, Crown Lengthening, Dental Implants For Dentures, Smile Makeover In A Day – Dr. Kaeley - the Top Periodontist From Progressive Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, located Conveniently in San Ramon, Contra Costa County, CA emerges as a clear choice for all your periodontitis needs. Our Dental Office at San Ramon, CA is Accessible to Everyone in San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, Danville, Blackhawk, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Castro Valley, Pleasant Hill. Dr. Kaeley – A California’s Top Periodontist and Dental Implant Specialist Has Patients All The Way From San Francisco. At Progressive Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, we provide custom financing options that can reduce the Cost of Periodontitis And Dental Implant Procedures.